- Information published on btcprivate.org
- Risks related to the use of Bitcoin Private
- Mistakes made by the user of any Bitcoin Private related software or service (i.e. forgotten/misplaced passwords, payments sent to wrong/inaccurate Bitcoin Private addresses, and accidental deletion of wallets).
- Software problems of the Website and/or any Bitcoin Private-related software or service (i.e. corrupted wallet files, improperly constructed transactions, unsafe cryptographic libraries, malware affecting the Website and/or any Bitcoin Private-related software or service).
- Technical failures in the hardware of the user of any Bitcoin Private-related software or service (i.e. data loss due to a faulty or damaged storage device).
- Security problems experienced by the user of any Bitcoin Private-related software or service (i.e. unauthorized access to users' wallets and/or accounts).
- Actions or inactions of third parties and/or events experienced by third parties (i.e. bankruptcy of service providers, information security attacks on service providers, and fraud conducted by third parties).
- Investment risks
- Compliance with tax obligations
- The website does not store, send, or receive Bitcoin Private
- No warranties
- Limitation of Liability
- Last amendment
The website https://btcprivate.org (referred to hereinafter as the "Website") provides information and material of a general nature. The content on the Website is not intended to serve as legal advice, business advice, or advice of any kind– nor should you interpret any of the Website’s content as such. You act at your own risk in reliance on the contents of the Website for any use other than that of informational. If you choose to act, or not act, you should contact a licensed attorney or business investor in the relevant jurisdiction or market in which you want or need help. In no way are the owners of, or contributors to, the Website responsible for the actions, decisions, or other behavior taken, or not taken, by you in reliance upon the content on the Website.
The Website may contain translations of the English version of the content available on the Website. These translations are provided only as a convenience. In the event of any conflict between the English language version and the translated version, the English language version shall take precedence. If you notice any inconsistency, please report them on GitHub.
The Website will not be responsible for any losses, damages or claims arising from events falling within the scope of the following five (5) categories:
Acquiring Bitcoin Private can lead to loss of money over short or even long periods. Those purchasing and/or selling Bitcoin Private should expect prices to have large range fluctuations. The information published on the Website cannot guarantee that the acquisition or disposition of Bitcoin Private will yield any monetary gains or losses.
The users of the Website are solely responsible to determinate what, if any, taxes may or may not apply to their Bitcoin Private transactions. The owners of, or contributors to, the Website are not responsible for determining the taxes that apply to Bitcoin Private transactions.
The Website does not store, send or receive Bitcoin Private coins. This is because these coins exist only by virtue of the ownership record maintained in the Bitcoin Private blockchain network. Any transfer of title in Bitcoin Private coins occurs within the coin’s decentralized network, and not on the Website.
The Website is provided on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind regarding the Website and/or any content, data, materials and/or services provided on the Website.
Unless otherwise required by law, in no event shall the owners of, or contributors to, the Website be liable for any damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Website.
Any user of the Website agrees to arbitrate any dispute arising from, or in connection with, the Website or this disclaimer– except for those disputes related to infringements on copyrights, logos, trademarks, trade names, trade secrets, or patents.
This disclaimer was drafted and published for the first time on February 14, 2018. There have been no amendments to this disclaimer.